A short fiction competition for Rhode Island students in grades 7 through 12 sponsored by School One and Goat Hill!
Submission deadline: Sunday, December 9, 2018.
School One and Goat Hill are pleased to announce the 2018 Write Rhode Island Competition for students in grades 7-12. Eligible entries should be a short work of fiction incorporating Rhode Island as a theme.
1. Each entry must be an original and unpublished work.
2. Limit one entry per person.
3. Please limit entries to 2500 words or less.
4. Entries must be received by midnight on December 9, 2018.
5. All submissions must be the written work of Rhode Island residents or students currently enrolled in Rhode Island schools in grades 7 through 12 or equivalent for the 2017-2018 academic year.
6. Entries must be submitted electronically (see further instructions under How to Enter). All entries must be submitted through Submittable. Submittable is an online platform. There is no fee for entering. Students who do not have personal computers can visit any public library to use a library computer to enter.
7. All entrants will be emailed a list of the winners and an invitation to the awards ceremony.
8. Entries will not be critiqued.
9. Copyright of entries is retained by the writer, but the submitted copies of the entries shall become the property of Write Rhode Island. Write Rhode Island shall be granted rights, free of charge, to display, publish and otherwise use (in print and on the Internet) the submitted work as well as the first and last name and age/grade of each winner.
10. Entries should not contain any personally identifiable information. Do not include your name on the pages on your story.
Write Rhode Island submissions open November 15-December 9, 2018. All entries will be submitted through Submittable. A link will be provided November 15 – December 9, 2018. Submit your story here!